HOLLANDALE, Wis. - A small elementary school in Hollandale has a special message for a student battling cancer.
Nearly the entire school took part in making a video for Jaden Goninen.
Jaden is a fifth-grader at Pecatonica Elementary School battling cancer. He's undergoing treatment at American Family Children's hospital. He Skypes with his class once a day, and gets to see his classmates. His family said "he's a fighter."
The school's principal, Sarah Straka, said the idea to make a video for Jaden came together very quickly earlier this week. Almost all 200 students and 44 staff took part in dancing along to Pharrell's "Happy."
Straka said Jaden could use some cheering up and they created the video "to put a smile on his face." She said the entire school community is constantly thinking of him and they want to wish him well.
The video posted on YouTube Thursday had more than 1,300 views as of Friday morning.24733250
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial