HOLLANDALE, Wis. - A small elementary school in Hollandale has a special message for a student battling cancer.
Nearly the entire school took part in making a video for Jaden Goninen.
Jaden is a fifth-grader at Pecatonica Elementary School battling cancer. He's undergoing treatment at American Family Children's hospital. He Skypes with his class once a day, and gets to see his classmates. His family said "he's a fighter."
The school's principal, Sarah Straka, said the idea to make a video for Jaden came together very quickly earlier this week. Almost all 200 students and 44 staff took part in dancing along to Pharrell's "Happy."
Straka said Jaden could use some cheering up and they created the video "to put a smile on his face." She said the entire school community is constantly thinking of him and they want to wish him well.
The video posted on YouTube Thursday had more than 1,300 views as of Friday morning.24733250
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK