APPLETON, Wis. - A school bus driver in Appleton has been arrested on suspicion of OWI after dropping students off at school.
Superintendent Lee Allinger says 25 to 30 students were on the bus, which runs to four elementary schools.
WBAY-TV (http://bit.ly/16lkTXw ) reports the driver allegedly finished his route Friday morning before being seen parking the bus and buying alcohol at a store. He was then seen drinking on the bus before someone called the police.
The driver is not a school district employee. A teacher's aide on the bus said she did not notice anything out of the ordinary.
The district notified parents of children who were on the bus.
It's unclear if the driver was drinking before the route was complete. However, Allinger says the driver violated policy and was dismissed.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow