MADISON, Wis. - South Carolina Republican U.S. Sen. Tim Scott has followed up a fundraiser in Milwaukee with a meeting designed to highlight the GOP's outreach to minority communities.
Scott was in Milwaukee on Wednesday for a noontime fundraiser. After that, he participated in a round table discussion with Milwaukee-area young people at a local church. The event was sponsored by the African American caucus of the Wisconsin Republican Party.
Wisconsin Republican Party executive director Joe Fadness said Thursday the event is the latest in a series the GOP is organizing to reach out to the African American community.
Wisconsin Democratic Party spokeswoman Melissa Baldauff says Republicans are only paying lip service to diversity and that their policies disproportionately harm minorities, seniors, women, students and veterans.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry