SAUK COUNTY - The Sauk County Sheriff's Department and Sauk Prairie police are searching for a missing 3-year-old boy and his mother following a court-ordered custody arrangement.
Investigators said the pair may be traveling to Mexico or Uruguay in violation of the custody arrangement.
The missing child is Leonelly Gabriel Barron, approximately 2 feet 7 inches tall with brown eyes and brown hair, which he wears in a "frohawk" style -- wavy on the top and shaved on the sides.
Barron was supposed to be returned to his father on Feb. 26 but the boy never showed up. Barron's mother is Maria Jose Mendieta, 20.
Authorities are asking anyone with information to call the Sauk County Sheriff's Department at 800-377-1195.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire