SAUK COUNTY - The Sauk County Sheriff's Department and Sauk Prairie police are searching for a missing 3-year-old boy and his mother following a court-ordered custody arrangement.
Investigators said the pair may be traveling to Mexico or Uruguay in violation of the custody arrangement.
The missing child is Leonelly Gabriel Barron, approximately 2 feet 7 inches tall with brown eyes and brown hair, which he wears in a "frohawk" style -- wavy on the top and shaved on the sides.
Barron was supposed to be returned to his father on Feb. 26 but the boy never showed up. Barron's mother is Maria Jose Mendieta, 20.
Authorities are asking anyone with information to call the Sauk County Sheriff's Department at 800-377-1195.
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff