PORTAGE, Wis. - Warmer temperatures and the possibility for rain are prompting the Columbia County Emergency Management Office to make sandbags available to residents.
Columbia County Emergency Management Director Patrick Beghin said free sandbags will be at the Columbia County Highway Shop at 338 W. Old Highway 16 in Wyocena starting Friday. The sandbags are next to the sand pile on the southeast side of the highway shop.
WISC Meteorologist Bob Lesh said about a quarter-inch of rain is expected late on Saturday, which along with melting snow could create minor localized flooding.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral