PORTAGE, Wis. - Warmer temperatures and the possibility for rain are prompting the Columbia County Emergency Management Office to make sandbags available to residents.
Columbia County Emergency Management Director Patrick Beghin said free sandbags will be at the Columbia County Highway Shop at 338 W. Old Highway 16 in Wyocena starting Friday. The sandbags are next to the sand pile on the southeast side of the highway shop.
WISC Meteorologist Bob Lesh said about a quarter-inch of rain is expected late on Saturday, which along with melting snow could create minor localized flooding.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK