PORTAGE, Wis. - Warmer temperatures and the possibility for rain are prompting the Columbia County Emergency Management Office to make sandbags available to residents.
Columbia County Emergency Management Director Patrick Beghin said free sandbags will be at the Columbia County Highway Shop at 338 W. Old Highway 16 in Wyocena starting Friday. The sandbags are next to the sand pile on the southeast side of the highway shop.
WISC Meteorologist Bob Lesh said about a quarter-inch of rain is expected late on Saturday, which along with melting snow could create minor localized flooding.
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in
- MPD asking for help finding 9-month-old
- Wisconsin retirees to see annuity payment increases