FRESNO, Calif. - The maker of salsas sold at Dollar Tree and Deals, Dollar Express and Dollar Bills stores nationwide is recalling the product after large glass pieces were found in some jars.
Olam Tomato Processors Inc. announced the recall Tuesday of its Mild Chunky Salsa with best-by dates of June 2015 and October 2015, and Medium Chunky Salsa with a best by date of July 2015.
Company spokeswoman Roxana Janka says the glass pieces got into the salsa during the beginning of the manufacturing process, when some of the glass jars were damaged. The pieces were not detected by X-rays at the plant because the machines were not calibrated to detect large glass pieces.
The Fresno, Calif.-based company says there have been no reports of injury.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1