WAUKESHA, Wis. - The Golden Guernsey Dairy plant in Waukesha could soon have a new owner less than two months after it closed and filed for bankruptcy.
A creditor in the Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Accord Financial, said a bankruptcy trustee is apparently negotiating a sale of the plant and all of its equipment.
A private equity firm from Los Angeles, Calif., bought the plant in 2011 and shut down the company Jan. 5, resulting in the loss of more than 100 jobs. The dairy processor has been in the Milwaukee area for more than 80 years.
The Journal Sentinel reported the plant is being run on a limited basis by a handful of employees to prepare for a sale.
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Parents, child care centers face problems with 4-year-old kindergarten
- Iconic funk drummer Clyde Stubblefield leaves an international legacy
- Stripper sues Cruisin' Chubbys Gentleman's Club
- Teacher uses personal story to educate students on eating disorders
- February will end with near-record high temps, threat of severe thunderstorms