EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Authorities in western Wisconsin say an Illinois driver who led officers on a high-speed chase across four counties has been arrested.
A WEAU-TV report said the Wisconsin State Patrol tried to pull over the driver Monday about 1:30 a.m. when he sped away. Troopers say he led officers on a chase through Eau Claire, Buffalo, Pepin and Dunn counties.
The pursuit also included a short detour into a corn field.
Dunn County deputies finally stopped his vehicle by using spike strips to deflate his tires. He was taken into custody, about an hour after the initial stop attempt.
The man was identified as a 40-year-old from South Beloit, Ill.
- Stoughton man critical after rollover crash
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'