MILWAUKEE - Vice presidential hopeful Paul Ryan has rallied the Republican faithful at a fundraiser in his home state of Wisconsin.
Ryan appeared at a fundraiser in Milwaukee on Saturday evening. He told donors in a 15-minute speech that President Barack Obama is driving the country deeper into debt.
The price of admission ranged from $250 for donors under age 35 to $100,000 for couples who wished to be designated "Founding Partners." Jon Hammes, finance chairman for the Mitt Romney campaign in Wisconsin, told the crowd the event had netted $2.8 million.
The fundraiser comes two days after President Barack Obama made an appearance on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police