MILWAUKEE - Vice presidential hopeful Paul Ryan has rallied the Republican faithful at a fundraiser in his home state of Wisconsin.
Ryan appeared at a fundraiser in Milwaukee on Saturday evening. He told donors in a 15-minute speech that President Barack Obama is driving the country deeper into debt.
The price of admission ranged from $250 for donors under age 35 to $100,000 for couples who wished to be designated "Founding Partners." Jon Hammes, finance chairman for the Mitt Romney campaign in Wisconsin, told the crowd the event had netted $2.8 million.
The fundraiser comes two days after President Barack Obama made an appearance on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands