Ryan Braun has finally admitted taking performance-enhancing drugs during his NL MVP season of 2011.
The suspended Milwaukee slugger says in a statement released Thursday by the Brewers that he took a cream and a lozenge containing banned substances while rehabilitating an injury.
Braun tested positive for elevated testosterone in October 2011, but his 50-game suspension was overturned when an arbitrator ruled that the urine sample was mishandled.
Braun apologized to the collector of the urine sample, his teammates and Commissioner Bud Selig.
To read the entire statement, click here.
Last month he accepted a 65-game suspension resulting from Major League Baseball's investigation of the Biogenesis of America anti-aging clinic.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land