Ryan Braun has finally admitted taking performance-enhancing drugs during his NL MVP season of 2011.
The suspended Milwaukee slugger says in a statement released Thursday by the Brewers that he took a cream and a lozenge containing banned substances while rehabilitating an injury.
Braun tested positive for elevated testosterone in October 2011, but his 50-game suspension was overturned when an arbitrator ruled that the urine sample was mishandled.
Braun apologized to the collector of the urine sample, his teammates and Commissioner Bud Selig.
To read the entire statement, click here.
Last month he accepted a 65-game suspension resulting from Major League Baseball's investigation of the Biogenesis of America anti-aging clinic.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program