MADISON, Wis. - While many spent Thanksgiving relaxing and eating, runners in Thursday's Berbee Derby were anything but couch potatoes.
Hundreds took to the streets in Fitchburg for the 10th annual fundraiser. The 10k race helps raise money for technology education.
Derby organizer, Karen Walsh, said, "The great part about this race is we not only cater to serious runners, but families; perfect for everybody."
So far the run has raised more than $680,000 for the foundation.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement