MADISON, Wis. - While many spent Thanksgiving relaxing and eating, runners in Thursday's Berbee Derby were anything but couch potatoes.
Hundreds took to the streets in Fitchburg for the 10th annual fundraiser. The 10k race helps raise money for technology education.
Derby organizer, Karen Walsh, said, "The great part about this race is we not only cater to serious runners, but families; perfect for everybody."
So far the run has raised more than $680,000 for the foundation.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say