MADISON, Wis. - Karl Rove's political action group has poured another $1.2 million into Wisconsin's Senate race for ads attacking Democratic candidate Tammy Baldwin.
Crossroads Grassroots Policy Strategies announced the latest ad buy on Tuesday. That brings its total spent on the race since mid-August to $3.8 million.
Baldwin is running against Republican Tommy Thompson for the open seat created by the retirement of Democratic Sen. Herb Kohl. The latest Marquette University Law School poll released on the race last week showed Baldwin with a narrow 4-point lead.
The latest Crossroads ad attacks Baldwin's position on health care, replaying a clip of her voicing support for government-run health care.
The ad comes on top of a new Thompson spot released Monday that accuses Baldwin and her supporters of being liars.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land