MADISON, Wis. - A dispute between two roofers ended with one attacking the other with a pitchfork, according to a release from Madison police.
A resident in the 3000 block of Maple Valley Drive called police after witnessing the dispute between the men at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Police said one man was at the roof of an apartment building on a 25-foot ladder and the other roofer was on the roof swinging a pitch fork at the man on the ladder. The man on the ladder used his arm to shield himself and was able to get down the ladder and away from the attack. He was treated by Madison paramedics.
The witness said she determined the dispute was over money.Madison crime map
The man with the pitchfork left before police arrived.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK