VERONA, Wis. - Five people were sent to the hospital Sunday following a rollover crash on US 18-151 near Verona caused when the back left tire blew out., according to the Dane County Sheriff's Department.
Four people were ejected from the SUV they were riding in Sunday after a tire blew out, causing the vehicle to roll over several times, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Department.
The incident happened around 4:15 p.m. Sunday in the Town of Verona near Fitchrona Road.
According to the sheriff's department, Kimberly Marion, 45, of Milwaukee, was traveling westbound on 18/151 with four passengers when the tire blew out. Marion tried to pull the car to the side of the road, but she lost control and the vehicle rolled over, officials said.
The passengers included Patrick C. Marion, 43, Lavien B. Davis, 77, and two girls, ages 13 and 14. All five were from Milwaukee, and all five were transported to UW Hospital.
The 14-year-old girl suffered the most significant injuries and was transported by MedFlight, while the rest were taken by ambulance.
None of the injuries were considered life-threatening.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say