MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Pat Roggensack is releasing the first ad of the campaign less than two weeks before the Feb. 19 primary election.
The ad released first to The Associated Press on Wednesday will initially air only in Milwaukee. Roggensack campaign consultant Brandon Scholz said it will expand to both Milwaukee and Green Bay starting Monday.
Roggensack is being challenged by Milwaukee attorney Vince Megna and Marquette University law school professor Ed Fallone. Megna has said he won't run any ads before the primary and Fallone hasn't said when he will begin advertising.
Roggensack's ad plays on her experience as a Supreme Court judge and former appeals court judge, saying experience matters in that profession.
Neither Fallone nor Megna have experience as a judge.
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested