MADISON, Wis. - New campaign finance reports show Justice Pat Roggensack has spent $351,000 on her re-election campaign in six weeks.
Roggensack faces Marquette University law professor Ed Fallone in the April 2 spring election. The candidates had until midnight Monday to turn in reports tracking donations and spending between Feb. 5 and March 18 to the state Government Accountability Board.
Roggensack's paperwork shows she spent $351,367 during that period, more than twice as much as the $172,305 Fallone spent. She raised $295,972 compared with Fallone's $233,967.
Roggensack had $163,759 in the bank. Fallone had $125,374.
From Jan. 1 to March 18, Roggensack collected $497,534 compared with Fallone's $314,270. She spent $389,159, more than twice Fallone's $188,895.
Roggensack hadn't turned in her reports by early afternoon.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart