BROOKFIELD, Wis. - A fundraiser held by the restaurant named for Aaron Rodgers and Ryan Braun raised more than $60,000 for victims' families of a Brookfield spa shooting.
The Green Bay Packers quarterback and Milwaukee Brewers outfielder were not at the event Monday night at 8-Twelve MVP Bar & Grill in Brookfield but donated items for auction.
The pair are partners in the restaurant, which is run by SURG Restaurant Group.
The group's co-owner, Omar Shaikh, said the proceeds go to the eight children left behind by the three women killed at Azana Salon & Spa in Brookfield.
Radcliffe Haughton shot seven women Oct. 21. Three died, including his estranged wife, Zina, before Haughton killed himself.
More than 115 salons, spas and beauty schools are also donating some profits Tuesday to the families.
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowski traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota