JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Rock County Sheriff's Office will retire K-9 Deputy Dex next week after six years with the department, according to a release.
Sheriff Robert Spoden started the canine program back up in April 2010, and Dex was the first canine deputy in the new unit, officials said.
Dex worked with his partner, Deputy Shawn Nolan, all six years he was with the department, according to the release.
Dex has worked in the patrol bureau, SWAT team and the special investigation unit throughout his time with the sheriff's office, officials said.
The sheriff's office will be holding a ceremony for Dex's retirement Oct. 25 at 10 a.m.
According to the release, the sheriff's office still has K-9 Deputy Sasha and is in the process of getting a new K-9 deputy.
- DHS: Wisconsinites hit hard by flu bug this year
- Powerball jackpot hits more than $403 million
- Woman parks in downtown Madison, returns to find car on fire
- Officials: Impaired driver struck multiple cars, arrested for 4th OWI
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. now in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations