JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Rock County Sheriff's Office will retire K-9 Deputy Dex next week after six years with the department, according to a release.
Sheriff Robert Spoden started the canine program back up in April 2010, and Dex was the first canine deputy in the new unit, officials said.
Dex worked with his partner, Deputy Shawn Nolan, all six years he was with the department, according to the release.
Dex has worked in the patrol bureau, SWAT team and the special investigation unit throughout his time with the sheriff's office, officials said.
The sheriff's office will be holding a ceremony for Dex's retirement Oct. 25 at 10 a.m.
According to the release, the sheriff's office still has K-9 Deputy Sasha and is in the process of getting a new K-9 deputy.
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick