MADISON, Wis. - The Rock and Roar benefit is one of the ways the Henry Vilas Zoo is able to stay free for the community and attendees of the upcoming party get to see the zoo after hours.
The Rock and Roar zoo benefit is Saturday from 7-11 p.m. and WISC-TV is a proud sponsor. The event is one of Henry Vilas Zoo's two premier fundraising events each year.
With the purchase of a ticket you not only get into the fun but it also comes with food, music, dancing and even a free ride on the carousel.
"The cool thing about this event is that the zookeepers have the animals on exhibit longer. So people can come and still tour the zoo as they do during the day," said Autumn Hayes, special events coordinator at Henry Vilas Zoo. "What's really neat is we have up-close animal encounters. Our education animals come out and people can go and interact and learn about different animals here."
Tickets are $40 and can be bought in advance online or that night at the door.
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern