MADISON, Wis. - Two men entered a Vilas Avenue apartment Sunday night and robbed the three men inside, according to Madison police.
Police said the two robbers were in their teens to early 20s with medium builds and they entered the apartment in the 1200 block of Vilas Avenue at about 11 p.m. The men cut through a screened bedroom window to enter.
The robbers entered the living room, displayed a handgun and ordered three victims who were watching TV to get to the ground. According to police, the men asked for money and for the victims to put their cell phones on a nearby coffee table. The robbers also took a game system, games and laptops.
The robbers were described as black, in their 20s, 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 160-170 pounds. One wore a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt and the other wore a gray hooded sweatshirt.
- Chief: Monday 'a horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime