MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a robber made off with a cash register from a Subway restaurant after walking into the store in a ski mask Saturday night.
A 26-year-old woman working behind the counter told police she locked herself in a bathroom with a co-worker when the man entered the store at 4692 Cottage Grove Rd. and walked behind the counter.
The two employees said they stayed in the bathroom during the robbery and found the cash register missing when they emerged.
The robber is described as black, 6 feet tall and wearing all black clothing.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash