MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a robber made off with a cash register from a Subway restaurant after walking into the store in a ski mask Saturday night.
A 26-year-old woman working behind the counter told police she locked herself in a bathroom with a co-worker when the man entered the store at 4692 Cottage Grove Rd. and walked behind the counter.
The two employees said they stayed in the bathroom during the robbery and found the cash register missing when they emerged.
The robber is described as black, 6 feet tall and wearing all black clothing.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow