MADISON, Wis. - Two people were displaced from their home after a fire broke out in their living room Sunday night, according to a release.
The residents evacuated their home in the 100 block of Acewood Boulevard around 10:45 p.m. after finding a "roaring" fire in their living room, officials said.
Firefighters said flames were visible through the glass front door when they arrived, and smoke was coming through the roof, according to the release.
Firefighters put the fire out, which was burning from a structure that surrounds the fireplace in the living room, officials said.
The two occupants, their dog and two fish will be staying in temporary housing, according to the release.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation. Damage is estimated at about $75,000.
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Parents, child care centers face problems with 4-year-old kindergarten
- Iconic funk drummer Clyde Stubblefield leaves an international legacy
- Stripper sues Cruisin' Chubbys Gentleman's Club
- Teacher uses personal story to educate students on eating disorders
- February will end with near-record high temps, threat of severe thunderstorms