MADISON, Wis. - Two people were displaced from their home after a fire broke out in their living room Sunday night, according to a release.
The residents evacuated their home in the 100 block of Acewood Boulevard around 10:45 p.m. after finding a "roaring" fire in their living room, officials said.
Firefighters said flames were visible through the glass front door when they arrived, and smoke was coming through the roof, according to the release.
Firefighters put the fire out, which was burning from a structure that surrounds the fireplace in the living room, officials said.
The two occupants, their dog and two fish will be staying in temporary housing, according to the release.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation. Damage is estimated at about $75,000.
- One man injured in shooting outside east side strip club
- Criminal charges being considered against student who posted threatening picture
- Former village employee arrested on water meter tampering, theft charges
- MPD: Car hit with gunfire, no injuries reported in west side shooting
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say