MADISON, Wis. - Resurfacing work will start Monday on Highway 69 between County Road D and Valley Road in Dane County, according to a Wisconsin Department of Transportation release.
Concerns about the condition of the road prompted the WisDOT to move the project up. It was originally scheduled to start in 2016.
Highway 69 between Belleville and Verona will be open to traffic during construction, but with flagging operations, officials said.
DOT officials said the road has rapidly deteriorated due to severe winter weather.
The $2.3 million project is designed to help alleviate some of the winter pavement damage. Officials said moisture froze in the soil beneath the road, resulting in the pavement heaving. The resurfacing is expected to reduce the amount of moisture getting to the soil.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart