MADISON, Wis. - Resurfacing work will start Monday on Highway 69 between County Road D and Valley Road in Dane County, according to a Wisconsin Department of Transportation release.
Concerns about the condition of the road prompted the WisDOT to move the project up. It was originally scheduled to start in 2016.
Highway 69 between Belleville and Verona will be open to traffic during construction, but with flagging operations, officials said.
DOT officials said the road has rapidly deteriorated due to severe winter weather.
The $2.3 million project is designed to help alleviate some of the winter pavement damage. Officials said moisture froze in the soil beneath the road, resulting in the pavement heaving. The resurfacing is expected to reduce the amount of moisture getting to the soil.
- EPA grant freeze threatens UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say