TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. - A shooting in the Town of Beloit Tuesday night might be related to a road rage incident earlier in the evening, according to police.
Town of Beloit police were called to the 1900 block of South Wisconsin Avenue at 10:32 p.m. for a report of shots fired. An unoccupied vehicle was stuck by four rounds, and residents reported hearing 4-6 shots, according to police.
Police said the shooting might be related to a road rage incident a short time earlier between the victim and another vehicle.
The shooting suspect was in a newer silver or gray 4-door vehicle, possibly with Illinois plates. The vehicle was last seen traveling north on South Wisconsin Avenue.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Town of Beloit Police Department at 608-757-2244 or Greater Beloit Crimestoppers at 608-362-7463.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls