TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. - A shooting in the Town of Beloit Tuesday night might be related to a road rage incident earlier in the evening, according to police.
Town of Beloit police were called to the 1900 block of South Wisconsin Avenue at 10:32 p.m. for a report of shots fired. An unoccupied vehicle was stuck by four rounds, and residents reported hearing 4-6 shots, according to police.
Police said the shooting might be related to a road rage incident a short time earlier between the victim and another vehicle.
The shooting suspect was in a newer silver or gray 4-door vehicle, possibly with Illinois plates. The vehicle was last seen traveling north on South Wisconsin Avenue.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Town of Beloit Police Department at 608-757-2244 or Greater Beloit Crimestoppers at 608-362-7463.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two