JANESVILLE, Wis. - Rock County officials have closed portions of South River Road after finding several areas were flooded high enough to cause traffic hazards.
As water levels continue to rise in the Rock River, South River Road will be closed from South Oakley Road to the STH 11 Bypass, according to a Rock County Sheriff's Office statement. People living on South River Road will still be able to access their homes.
County officials will continue to update residents with water level and road conditions as they change.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs