MADISON, Wis. - There's a risk of severe weather throughout southern Wisconsin on Thursday.
News 3 meteorologist Haddie McLean said a warm front will lift northward through the region and scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected Thursday afternoon and night. There is a slight risk for severe thunderstorms across all of southern Wisconsin.
Some of the strongest storms will be capable of producing large hail and damaging winds. Locally heavy rainfall is also possible.
Chances for rain continue through the weekend, but the main weather story will be the heat and humidity. Highs will be in the low 90s from Friday through Monday and heat index values will be near 100 during the afternoon and early evening hours each day.
- State sues Milwaukee stores over synthetic marijuana
- UW-Madison leadership center to be named after former state governor
- Teacher suspended over documentary returns to work
- 70-year-old Madison man, cops return young tourist's purse full of cash
- Cigarette look-alike cigars likely to get tax increase
- UW Health water aerobics class for deaf people breaks down barriers