MADISON, Wis. - There's a risk of severe weather throughout southern Wisconsin on Thursday.
News 3 meteorologist Haddie McLean said a warm front will lift northward through the region and scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected Thursday afternoon and night. There is a slight risk for severe thunderstorms across all of southern Wisconsin.
Some of the strongest storms will be capable of producing large hail and damaging winds. Locally heavy rainfall is also possible.
Chances for rain continue through the weekend, but the main weather story will be the heat and humidity. Highs will be in the low 90s from Friday through Monday and heat index values will be near 100 during the afternoon and early evening hours each day.
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates