TOWN OF BROOKLYN, Wis. - A Ripon man has been rescued from Big Green Lake after his sailboat capsized.
The Green Lake County Sheriff's Office said 68-year-old Ralph Rich was a quarter-mile off shore when his sailboat capsized Wednesday afternoon along the east end of the lake.
A personal watercraft rider helped get Rich out of the water. Employees of Shoreline Marine, who had been working on the water, helped recover the sailboat.
The Capital Times reported a sheriff's office patrol boat also went to the scene.
Rich was not hurt.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial