TOWN OF BROOKLYN, Wis. - A Ripon man has been rescued from Big Green Lake after his sailboat capsized.
The Green Lake County Sheriff's Office said 68-year-old Ralph Rich was a quarter-mile off shore when his sailboat capsized Wednesday afternoon along the east end of the lake.
A personal watercraft rider helped get Rich out of the water. Employees of Shoreline Marine, who had been working on the water, helped recover the sailboat.
The Capital Times reported a sheriff's office patrol boat also went to the scene.
Rich was not hurt.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks