MADISON, Wis. - This Sunday's Ride the Drive event on the east-side will close several streets for six hours, according to a release.
The 2.2-mile route will be closed to traffic and impacts Atwood Avenue, Walter Street, Hargrove Street, Fair Oaks Avenue, Maple Avenue and Lakelane Avenue, officials said. Traffic will be allowed to cross the bike route at several intersections with police direction.
The six streets will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
Madison Metro will be detouring three routes during the event.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street