MADISON, Wis. - This Sunday's Ride the Drive event on the east-side will close several streets for six hours, according to a release.
The 2.2-mile route will be closed to traffic and impacts Atwood Avenue, Walter Street, Hargrove Street, Fair Oaks Avenue, Maple Avenue and Lakelane Avenue, officials said. Traffic will be allowed to cross the bike route at several intersections with police direction.
The six streets will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
Madison Metro will be detouring three routes during the event.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry