MADISON, Wis. - Ride the Drive, a Madison event that started downtown, is happening on the west side Sunday.
Ride the Drive is a free event and will bring hundreds of bikers and pedestrians to the west side from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
It started in 2009 on John Nolen Drive and has brought thousands of people out to enjoy Madison's biking and pedestrian-friendly area.
This weekend's event is the second Ride the Drive this year.
"It is special because it's the first time we've been on the west side, and it's part of our program to give folks an opportunity to see other neighborhoods from the great vantage point of their bicycle," said Madison Mayor Paul Soglin.
The route is 3.1 miles and will close Regent Street, Segoe Road, South Rosa Road and South Hill Drive. To see the map, click here.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program