MADISON, Wis. - Ride the Drive, a Madison event that started downtown, is happening on the west side Sunday.
Ride the Drive is a free event and will bring hundreds of bikers and pedestrians to the west side from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
It started in 2009 on John Nolen Drive and has brought thousands of people out to enjoy Madison's biking and pedestrian-friendly area.
This weekend's event is the second Ride the Drive this year.
"It is special because it's the first time we've been on the west side, and it's part of our program to give folks an opportunity to see other neighborhoods from the great vantage point of their bicycle," said Madison Mayor Paul Soglin.
The route is 3.1 miles and will close Regent Street, Segoe Road, South Rosa Road and South Hill Drive. To see the map, click here.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say