RICHLAND CENTER, Wis. - A janitor at Richland Center High School is being investigated for sexual assault of a student.
The school district contacted the police department Monday to report "concerns of the welfare of a student at the high school," Richland Center police Chief Lucas Clements said.
Tracy H. Fry, 37, was arrested and charged Monday with five counts of third-degree sexual assault.
Assistant District Attorney Amy Forehand told News 3 that Fry is a janitor at the high school. All charges are related to an investigation at the high school involving one male student, Forehand said.
Richland School District Administrator Jarred Burke issued a statement Wednesday, saying the district is investigating an allegation of employee misconduct that involves the welfare of a student.
"We have a responsibility to hold matters involving our students in the strictest confidence," Burke said in the statement. "For this reason, we cannot offer further information until we have been able to investigate this situation."
Burke said they want to assure parents and students that all Richland schools are safe and secure for students.
Fry is expected to make her initial appearance Oct. 25.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say