MADISON, Wis. - The longtime Rhythm & Booms organizer is stepping aside.
Terry Kelly, president of Madison Fireworks Fund, Inc. and founder of Rhythm & Booms, announced that MFF has transferred the event rights and all accompanying properties of the event to Madison Festivals, Inc., the organization that owns and operates Taste of Madison and Madison Marathon events.
Kelly said that after 20 years it was time for some new leadership. He will assist with this year's fireworks show, which is set for July 3 at Warner Park.
The event will be in its 21st year. Last year's event attracted nearly 200,000 people.
Proceeds from the event benefit charities in the Madison area.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say