MADISON, Wis. - The longtime Rhythm & Booms organizer is stepping aside.
Terry Kelly, president of Madison Fireworks Fund, Inc. and founder of Rhythm & Booms, announced that MFF has transferred the event rights and all accompanying properties of the event to Madison Festivals, Inc., the organization that owns and operates Taste of Madison and Madison Marathon events.
Kelly said that after 20 years it was time for some new leadership. He will assist with this year's fireworks show, which is set for July 3 at Warner Park.
The event will be in its 21st year. Last year's event attracted nearly 200,000 people.
Proceeds from the event benefit charities in the Madison area.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs