ST. PAUL, Minn. - Police have announced a $5,000 reward for information leading to the body of a St. Paul woman missing for more than two months and presumed dead.
The nonprofit St. Paul Police Foundation is putting up the reward for information that helps find Kira Trevino's body.
To motivate volunteer searchers, private donors also have put up a $1,000 reward for whoever finds Trevino's body.
Trevino, a 30-year-old central Wisconsin native, was last seen alive Feb. 21. Her husband, Jeffery Trevino, is charged with second-degree murder in her disappearance.
Kira Trevino's parents on Friday thanked volunteers who have been searching for her body and urged people to keep looking.
Volunteers have been organizing searches each weekend. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports searchers plan to focus on shorelines this weekend.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in