DELEVAN, Wis. - Authorities are still looking for suspects in the death of a snapping turtle found bludgeoned on a Delevan golf course last month.
And a reward for information in the case is now more than $10,000.
The Janesville Gazette reported that authorities believe someone attacked the female snapping turtle with a golf club on June 10. The turtle later died at a wildlife rehabilitation center.
Walworth County Sheriff's Capt. Scott McClory said officials are still following up on leads, and they are hopeful someone will come forward with information.
The monetary reward is thanks to the Watertown-based Global Conservation Group and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire