DELEVAN, Wis. - Authorities are still looking for suspects in the death of a snapping turtle found bludgeoned on a Delevan golf course last month.
And a reward for information in the case is now more than $10,000.
The Janesville Gazette reported that authorities believe someone attacked the female snapping turtle with a golf club on June 10. The turtle later died at a wildlife rehabilitation center.
Walworth County Sheriff's Capt. Scott McClory said officials are still following up on leads, and they are hopeful someone will come forward with information.
The monetary reward is thanks to the Watertown-based Global Conservation Group and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend