DELEVAN, Wis. - Authorities are still looking for suspects in the death of a snapping turtle found bludgeoned on a Delevan golf course last month.
And a reward for information in the case is now more than $10,000.
The Janesville Gazette reported that authorities believe someone attacked the female snapping turtle with a golf club on June 10. The turtle later died at a wildlife rehabilitation center.
Walworth County Sheriff's Capt. Scott McClory said officials are still following up on leads, and they are hopeful someone will come forward with information.
The monetary reward is thanks to the Watertown-based Global Conservation Group and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed