DELEVAN, Wis. - Authorities are still looking for suspects in the death of a snapping turtle found bludgeoned on a Delevan golf course last month.
And a reward for information in the case is now more than $10,000.
The Janesville Gazette reported that authorities believe someone attacked the female snapping turtle with a golf club on June 10. The turtle later died at a wildlife rehabilitation center.
Walworth County Sheriff's Capt. Scott McClory said officials are still following up on leads, and they are hopeful someone will come forward with information.
The monetary reward is thanks to the Watertown-based Global Conservation Group and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say