WAUSAU, Wis. - Two retired Marines are on a mission that started Wednesday to walk from Wausau to Lambeau Field.
Shannon Anker and Chad Hintz want to help their former colleagues by walking 100 miles to raise money to send care packages to troops overseas.
"When we were in and we would get a care package from home, it would make you think, 'OK, this is what we're over here fighting for.' And that's what we want. We want to send them a little piece of home and say, ‘Here, we know what you're doing. We feel for you,'" said Hintz.
It's the fourth year in a row they've made the trek from Rib Mountain to the Vince Lombardi statue outside Lambeau Field.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue