FITCHBURG, Wis. - Authorities said a firefighter suffered heat exhaustion battling a fire in Fitchburg early Saturday.
The Fitchburg Police Department said officers and fire crews responded to a report of a fire at 1104 Whispering Pines Way at about 1:52 a.m.
First responders said flames and heavy smoke were visible from an eight-unit apartment building. None of the occupants were injured as officers were able to evacuate residents from the building.
Officials said one firefighter was taken to a local hospital for heat exhaustion and dehydration.
According to the report, the fire originated from the balcony area in one of the apartments. The other seven units sustained smoke and water damage.
The Red Cross helped the displaced residents relocate from the building, police said.
The fire department is investigating.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists