MADISON, Wis. - The residents of a Madison apartment returned home early Friday morning to find a burglar in their home, according to Madison police.
The burglar implied that he had a gun and fled with a laptop computer, according to police. A door to the apartment in the 1800 block of Beld Street had been left unlocked.
The burglar is described as black, 50 years old, 6 feet tall, weighing 180 pounds with salt-and-pepper facial stubble. He was wearing a dark, shiny nylon jacket, dark jeans and a dark baseball cap with white lettering, possibly a New York Yankees hat. He smelled of tobacco and appeared to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls