MADISON, Wis. - The residents of a Madison apartment returned home early Friday morning to find a burglar in their home, according to Madison police.
The burglar implied that he had a gun and fled with a laptop computer, according to police. A door to the apartment in the 1800 block of Beld Street had been left unlocked.
The burglar is described as black, 50 years old, 6 feet tall, weighing 180 pounds with salt-and-pepper facial stubble. He was wearing a dark, shiny nylon jacket, dark jeans and a dark baseball cap with white lettering, possibly a New York Yankees hat. He smelled of tobacco and appeared to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River