MADISON, Wis. - The residents of a Madison apartment returned home early Friday morning to find a burglar in their home, according to Madison police.
The burglar implied that he had a gun and fled with a laptop computer, according to police. A door to the apartment in the 1800 block of Beld Street had been left unlocked.
The burglar is described as black, 50 years old, 6 feet tall, weighing 180 pounds with salt-and-pepper facial stubble. He was wearing a dark, shiny nylon jacket, dark jeans and a dark baseball cap with white lettering, possibly a New York Yankees hat. He smelled of tobacco and appeared to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry