MADISON, Wis, - A would-be burglar was scared off when a downtown resident woke early Wednesday morning to the sound of a window being opened, according to Madison police.
The 21-year-old man living in the residence in the 500 block of West Mifflin Street turned on the lights and scared off the burglar. The victim said he saw a man wearing a backpack walking away from the home.
An unlocked window in the home had been opened.
The burglar is described as wearing all-black clothing and a black hat that might have gold coloring on the edge. He was carrying a light-colored backpack.
Police questioned a man about the burglary but did not have enough probable cause to make an arrest.Madison crime map
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound