MADISON, Wis, - A would-be burglar was scared off when a downtown resident woke early Wednesday morning to the sound of a window being opened, according to Madison police.
The 21-year-old man living in the residence in the 500 block of West Mifflin Street turned on the lights and scared off the burglar. The victim said he saw a man wearing a backpack walking away from the home.
An unlocked window in the home had been opened.
The burglar is described as wearing all-black clothing and a black hat that might have gold coloring on the edge. He was carrying a light-colored backpack.
Police questioned a man about the burglary but did not have enough probable cause to make an arrest.Madison crime map
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn