MADISON, Wis, - A would-be burglar was scared off when a downtown resident woke early Wednesday morning to the sound of a window being opened, according to Madison police.
The 21-year-old man living in the residence in the 500 block of West Mifflin Street turned on the lights and scared off the burglar. The victim said he saw a man wearing a backpack walking away from the home.
An unlocked window in the home had been opened.
The burglar is described as wearing all-black clothing and a black hat that might have gold coloring on the edge. He was carrying a light-colored backpack.
Police questioned a man about the burglary but did not have enough probable cause to make an arrest.Madison crime map
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head