MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man scared away a would-be robber by saying he had a gun and would shoot him, officials said.
The 76-year-old Golf Course Road resident heard noise coming from a back bedroom of his home Saturday morning around 12:36, according to a release. When he got up to check on what he heard, he found a window open and a man standing outside it.
Officials said the resident told the probable burglar that he had a gun and that he would shoot him. The man ran away.
The probable burglar is described as a white male, 20-25 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall, 160 pounds with short dark hair. He was wearing a white T-shirt.Madison crime map
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night