ASHWAUBENON, Wis. - Work crews are preparing the Resch Center in Ashwaubenon for its first girls state basketball tournament.
The WIAA girls tournament has been moved from the Kohl Center in Madison to the Resch Center where the games begin Thursday.
Workers are busy putting in the basketball court and preparing for a crowd. Earlier this week, the arena was still an ice rink. They'll move or cover some of the advertising in the arena due to WIAA rules -- no beer, liquor and gaming ads are allowed.
WLUK-TV reported about 10,000 tickets have already been sold for the tournament. Organizers said the crowd will likely eclipse last year's attendance at the Kohl Center of 31,000.
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom