ASHWAUBENON, Wis. - Work crews are preparing the Resch Center in Ashwaubenon for its first girls state basketball tournament.
The WIAA girls tournament has been moved from the Kohl Center in Madison to the Resch Center where the games begin Thursday.
Workers are busy putting in the basketball court and preparing for a crowd. Earlier this week, the arena was still an ice rink. They'll move or cover some of the advertising in the arena due to WIAA rules -- no beer, liquor and gaming ads are allowed.
WLUK-TV reported about 10,000 tickets have already been sold for the tournament. Organizers said the crowd will likely eclipse last year's attendance at the Kohl Center of 31,000.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn