MILWAUKEE, Wis. - A court document said a former aide to Gov. Scott Walker who pleaded guilty to felony misconduct in office has been on the payroll of Walker's campaign and the Wisconsin Republican Party.
Kelly Rindfleisch is to be sentenced Monday for doing campaign work from her office at the Milwaukee County Courthouse when she was an aide to Walker.
According to a sentencing report, Walker's campaign gave her a job "immediately after she left county service."
A spokesman for the Walker campaign says Rindfleisch was hired by the state Republican Party to work on various administrative duties after the 2010 election.
Walker has said he is not a target of the John Doe investigation, but has cooperated with it.
The Journal Sentinel reports Rindfleisch's lawyer was unavailable for comment Friday.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River