MILWAUKEE, Wis. - A court document said a former aide to Gov. Scott Walker who pleaded guilty to felony misconduct in office has been on the payroll of Walker's campaign and the Wisconsin Republican Party.
Kelly Rindfleisch is to be sentenced Monday for doing campaign work from her office at the Milwaukee County Courthouse when she was an aide to Walker.
According to a sentencing report, Walker's campaign gave her a job "immediately after she left county service."
A spokesman for the Walker campaign says Rindfleisch was hired by the state Republican Party to work on various administrative duties after the 2010 election.
Walker has said he is not a target of the John Doe investigation, but has cooperated with it.
The Journal Sentinel reports Rindfleisch's lawyer was unavailable for comment Friday.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire