MILWAUKEE - A report says Gov. Scott Walker's administration gave the Capitol Police chief and his top deputy double-digit pay raises after moving them on paper to fake jobs for two weeks and then back to their real posts.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Chief Dave Erwin, who has overseen a crackdown on anti-Walker protesters, got a salary hike of nearly 12 percent to over $111,000 a year.
The newspaper reports that raise was possible only because Walker officials transferred Erwin to a ghost position in another department. Then he was shuffled back to his real job as head of the Capitol Police force. They took similar steps to skirt civil service salary limits for Deputy Police Chief Dan Blackdeer.
Walker's staff says he had no hand in authorizing the raises.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire