MILWAUKEE - A new state-by-state ranking of business tax burdens puts Wisconsin at No. 34.
The list from the Michigan-based consulting group Anderson Economic Group LLC goes from lightest tax burden to heaviest.
That means Wisconsin has a heavier tax burden than 33 other states.The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that in the Midwest, only Michigan fares worse at No. 43.
Top of the group's list with least burden are Delaware, Oregon and Utah.
To determine state rankings, Anderson Economic Group looked at average state and local taxes paid by private businesses as a share of the collective pre-tax operating profits in each state's private sector.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists