MILWAUKEE - A new state-by-state ranking of business tax burdens puts Wisconsin at No. 34.
The list from the Michigan-based consulting group Anderson Economic Group LLC goes from lightest tax burden to heaviest.
That means Wisconsin has a heavier tax burden than 33 other states.The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that in the Midwest, only Michigan fares worse at No. 43.
Top of the group's list with least burden are Delaware, Oregon and Utah.
To determine state rankings, Anderson Economic Group looked at average state and local taxes paid by private businesses as a share of the collective pre-tax operating profits in each state's private sector.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1