MADISON, Wis. - USA Swimming and Speedo has ranked Madison as the seventh top swimming city in America, according to a release from All City Swim and Dive.
Categories evaluated for the listing include percentage of active swimmers and swim clubs, number of accessible pools, number of masters swimmers and volume of top-level swimmers from the area, according to the release.
The study said that Madison ranks second in members of USA Swimming, the sport's national governing body, and is among the top communities for swimming facilities within city limits.
The cities ranked ahead of Madison were Ann Arbor, Michigan; San Jose-Santa Clara, California; Raleigh Durham, North Carolina; Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Connecticut; San Francisco-Oakland, California; and Fort Collins, Colorado.
According to the release, Madison was ranked ahead of Austin, Texas; Los Angeles-Orange County, California; and Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral