ROCKFORD, Ill. - Authorities are exploring a possible connection between a homicide suspect and the death of a teen two decades ago.
WIFR reported that Winnebago County, Illinois, authorities are working to determine if Terence Doddy, a suspect in two Illinois murder cases, had any part in the death of 15-year-old Stephanie Johnston.
Doddy is suspected of killing Tonya Bargman, of Monticello, Illinois, at a rest stop in Paw Paw, Illinois. He is also allegedly connected to the killing of Todd Hansmeier, whose body was found at a Rockford call center.
Doddy was reportedly dating high school classmate Johnston in October 1993 when she disappeared. Doddy was interviewed by police at the time. Her body was found frozen two months later in the Rock River near Rockford, Illinois.
The Winnebago County sheriff told WIFR there were no indications of foul play surrounding Johnston's death, considered a drowning, when her body was discovered but police are reopening the case to determine if Doddy may have been involved.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire