JANESVILLE, Wis. - The city of Janesville is in the market for a new city manager.
The Janesville Gazette reported that the city council of Simi Valley, Calif. voted unanimously Monday night to hire present Janesville city manager Eric Levitt for the same job there.
The paper reported the city Janesville city council will meet in closed session April 16 to decide whether to launch a search for a new city manager, or to hire from within.
Janesville City Council President Kathy Voskuil told the Gazette the council would post an opening for an interim city manager. Voskuil said Levitt's last day in Janesville is Tuesday, May 7.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers