JANESVILLE, Wis. - The city of Janesville is in the market for a new city manager.
The Janesville Gazette reported that the city council of Simi Valley, Calif. voted unanimously Monday night to hire present Janesville city manager Eric Levitt for the same job there.
The paper reported the city Janesville city council will meet in closed session April 16 to decide whether to launch a search for a new city manager, or to hire from within.
Janesville City Council President Kathy Voskuil told the Gazette the council would post an opening for an interim city manager. Voskuil said Levitt's last day in Janesville is Tuesday, May 7.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK