LANSING, Ill. - An Amber Alert was issued Thursday night in connection to a former Wisconsin Badgers football player accused of abducting his 3-year-old daughter, according to TV reports.
The Amber Alert said police were looking for Marcus Randle-El, 27, who allegedly abducted his 3-year-old daughter from Lansing, Ill. just after 8 p.m. Thursday, according to WMAQ-TV.
Authorities canceled the Amber Alert early Friday morning after the girl was returned home.
Randle-El played for the Badgers from 2004 to 2007, and is the brother of former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle-El.
Lansing police are expected to provide further details about the abduction later today.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike