LANSING, Ill. - An Amber Alert was issued Thursday night in connection to a former Wisconsin Badgers football player accused of abducting his 3-year-old daughter, according to TV reports.
The Amber Alert said police were looking for Marcus Randle-El, 27, who allegedly abducted his 3-year-old daughter from Lansing, Ill. just after 8 p.m. Thursday, according to WMAQ-TV.
Authorities canceled the Amber Alert early Friday morning after the girl was returned home.
Randle-El played for the Badgers from 2004 to 2007, and is the brother of former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle-El.
Lansing police are expected to provide further details about the abduction later today.
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say