WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. - An autopsy finds a former Wisconsin Rapids police lieutenant suspected of child enticement killed himself with a nail gun.
Wood County Deputy Coroner Gabe Holczer says 41-year-old Steven Lowe shot himself in the chest with the construction tool "multiple times" just days after being arrested.
Lowe was found dead in his pickup truck Monday morning at his home in Grand Rapids. The deputy coroner tells WAOW-TV he died of multiple wounds from the nail gun.
No suicide note was found.
Lowe was suspended by Wisconsin Rapids police officials earlier this month and then resigned from the force. Court documents say Lowe was accused of impersonating a teenage girl online to try to get juvenile boys to send him nude pictures.
No formal charges were filed before Lowe's death.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program