ARGYLE, Wis. - Search warrant documents allege that a southwestern Wisconsin man accused of killing his three sons in a house fire last week hoped to collect $156,000 in insurance.
WKOW-TV obtained the affidavits Thursday. The documents allege that Armin Wand the Third told investigators he tried to kill his family in the fire to collect up to $100,000 on his wife and $10,000 on each of his four children's life insurance policies, in addition to $16,000 on renter's insurance.
Wand and his 18-year-old brother, Jeremy Wand, face charges of first-degree intentional homicide and arson.
Armin Wand's three sons died in the blaze. His wife, Sharon Wand, lost her unborn baby and is still in critical condition at University of Wisconsin Hospital. Her family says the couple's 2-year-old daughter is healthy and safe.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement