ARGYLE, Wis. - Search warrant documents allege that a southwestern Wisconsin man accused of killing his three sons in a house fire last week hoped to collect $156,000 in insurance.
WKOW-TV obtained the affidavits Thursday. The documents allege that Armin Wand the Third told investigators he tried to kill his family in the fire to collect up to $100,000 on his wife and $10,000 on each of his four children's life insurance policies, in addition to $16,000 on renter's insurance.
Wand and his 18-year-old brother, Jeremy Wand, face charges of first-degree intentional homicide and arson.
Armin Wand's three sons died in the blaze. His wife, Sharon Wand, lost her unborn baby and is still in critical condition at University of Wisconsin Hospital. Her family says the couple's 2-year-old daughter is healthy and safe.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend