NEW YORK - "60 Minutes" is reporting that members of Alex Rodriguez's inner circle obtained and leaked documents that implicated Ryan Braun and other players in using performance-enhancing drugs.
The report released Friday, citing unidentified sources, says that the leak occurred in February, days after the Miami New Times published documents implicating the Yankees star in the Biogenesis investigation.
In the Miami New Times documents, the names of Braun and one of Rodriguez's teammates, catcher Francisco Cervelli, are redacted. "60 Minutes" reports that members of Rodriguez's camp obtained unredacted versions and leaked them to Yahoo! Sports.
Rodriguez's lawyer, David Cornwell, denies the allegations to the CBS show.
Rodriguez has been suspended for 211 games through the 2014 season. He is allowed to play until a decision is issued by arbitrator Fredric Horowitz, which is not expected until at least November. Braun has accepted a 65-game suspension.
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- Prisons chief tells lawmaker youth facility is safe
- Man with facial injuries claims he was attacked by 3 men
- 3 new retailers coming to West Towne
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash involving school bus
- Clyde Stubblefield to get posthumous UW honorary degree