NEW YORK - "60 Minutes" is reporting that members of Alex Rodriguez's inner circle obtained and leaked documents that implicated Ryan Braun and other players in using performance-enhancing drugs.
The report released Friday, citing unidentified sources, says that the leak occurred in February, days after the Miami New Times published documents implicating the Yankees star in the Biogenesis investigation.
In the Miami New Times documents, the names of Braun and one of Rodriguez's teammates, catcher Francisco Cervelli, are redacted. "60 Minutes" reports that members of Rodriguez's camp obtained unredacted versions and leaked them to Yahoo! Sports.
Rodriguez's lawyer, David Cornwell, denies the allegations to the CBS show.
Rodriguez has been suspended for 211 games through the 2014 season. He is allowed to play until a decision is issued by arbitrator Fredric Horowitz, which is not expected until at least November. Braun has accepted a 65-game suspension.
- Officials believe only one fatal batch of nacho cheese made in Wisconsin
- One man injured in shooting outside east side strip club
- Criminal charges being considered against student who posted threatening picture
- Former village employee arrested on water meter tampering, theft charges
- MPD: Car hit with gunfire, no injuries reported in west side shooting
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash