WATERLOO TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Family of Michael Upman confirmed to News3 via Facebook his body was found in a pasture off County Road N in Waterloo Township Wednesday.
His body found in a wooded area less than a mile from where his vehicle was found days before, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Upman was reported missing more than a month ago from his home in Dodgeville.
Deputies said a farmer in the town of Waterloo was mowing a pasture and contacted them on Tuesday when he found the remains.
The Wisconsin Crime Laboratory Mobile Crime Lab, Wisconsin State Patrol Reconstruction team and the Grant County Sheriff's Office criminal investigation unit processed the scene and recovered the remains on Wednesday.
The remains were taken to Madison for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street