WATERLOO TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Family of Michael Upman confirmed to News3 via Facebook his body was found in a pasture off County Road N in Waterloo Township Wednesday.
His body found in a wooded area less than a mile from where his vehicle was found days before, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Upman was reported missing more than a month ago from his home in Dodgeville.
Deputies said a farmer in the town of Waterloo was mowing a pasture and contacted them on Tuesday when he found the remains.
The Wisconsin Crime Laboratory Mobile Crime Lab, Wisconsin State Patrol Reconstruction team and the Grant County Sheriff's Office criminal investigation unit processed the scene and recovered the remains on Wednesday.
The remains were taken to Madison for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam